Quote of the day

tisdag 25 mars 2014

The next mile


Do you walk this frail path for yourself? or do you walk it for others?
What is this barrier that stops me in my tracks in archiving what I want?

But first let's figure out the question of what I want.

I want simplicity, I want fun. I want the ability to be spontaneous. Everything else is secondary. I have a sense of destiny, something I must do.

To say family and friends are secondary might sound harsh. It's not meant to be put on a scale and I understand this perfectly. But you can't truly live life worrying about those, they come, pass, change shapes they are not constant. Family perishes, die or grow apart so do friends.

What is left is your ambition, and the greatest of family and the greatest of friends support that. They are allies to your cause.

To understand the light, to understand the greatness is not only to grasp for it. But also to be able to see it. And boy has my eyes been clouded.

There are a number of things I have to do for me. Some of them I will not like, but they are things long overdue, things that are keeping me at bay.

I'm a storm. A force, and at the moment I'm all to tame. The world succeeded in doing just that, tame me. This is not as simple as just being reborn. It's about taking for yourself what is truly yours.

Inherit the light within you.

When I was a kid I watched Silver Fang. In a way it is a story about the power of youth. You have to wonder, how come you loose so much inspiration as you grow older? Or is it just that we don't take it to ourselves just as easily?

At least we have nostalgia, a very powerful thing. It reminds us that things of the past is never lost. It lives on within us and it is always a part of us for as long as we remember.

And thus the key to these hard choices is not a key that stems from rebirth. But one that stems from great waves of nostalgia.

And remembering who we are.

Signed, Mireneye
Share this post via:

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar