Quote of the day

onsdag 29 maj 2013

After hours - the LA chronicle part two

There I was...

In that familiarly unpleasant space. Space in all it's forms, the choking cold and lonely vastness only this is a cityscape, not space. And not as empty.

Knowing this, I looked at what I knew and improvised from there on. I was able to get a hold of Wifi so that I could contact my host, luckily he was online. We talked a little bit and I got his full adress, something I should have asked of before.

Tired as I was, I looked at my options. I COULD try to figure out the busses and the metro but I was mentally worn out from the flight, so I decided to take the number one tourist trap, a cab.

Turned out to be a quite expensive trip but it was well worth it.

My host welcomed me with a hug and quickly got me something good for the stomach among other things a noodle soup that was quite excellent!

After settling in I decided to sleep outside on the patio (I'll post some pictures later).
The next day was mostly spend settling in and getting to know the place and figuring things out for the trip to Firedrums.

By nightfall we made our way(quite a long way) in his car to one of the spinjams, only stopping for some mexican tacos. At the spinjam I met up with a friend and made a few new ones. And I also got to spin fire for the first time in a long time, always nice to get into the element. A neat little spiral wrap left me with a burn mark on my right hand.. A burn mark I find myself missing sometimes.

After spending the next morning figuring out that charging my small action cam was pretty much a no go my host was friendly enough to lend me his bike so that I could go to a hardware store and also to do some errands for him.

And since I got back all we've been up to is preparing for FD.

Sorry if this post lacked a bit of finesse that I usually put into these texts. I'm trying to be time efficient seeing as we will be leaving soon.

Oh.. yeah! I got a notebook so that I could puzzle together something nice for you in the next one! So look forward to that.

Signed, Mireneye
Share this post via:

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar